If you’ve been in a relationship for awhile, chances are, it needs a little refreshing. Do you remember how it was in the beginning? You two made a constant effort to keep your love alive. You sent random text messages or left little notes for them. Do you remember the feeling that brought to you, or them? It was exciting and gave you butterflies. Those little messages meant so much! (They still do).
People tend to get complacent and stop doing and saying the things they once did. They become comfortable and think the other person just knows what they are thinking and feeling. But do they now? Below is a list of 15 inspirational quotes to help you realize how special your love is, and to share with your partner, to remind them as well.
- “Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements.”
– Kathy Mohnke
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”
– Stephanie Perkins
- “Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. Love is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
– Ann Landers
- “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.”
– Joyce Meyer
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
– Dr. Seuss
- “Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – Baby, Dirty Dancing
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard—they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.”
- “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.”
—Vincent Van Gogh
- “In case you ever foolishly forget, I am never not thinking of you.”
– Virginia Woolf
Keep these quotes in mind as a reminder that even when love gets difficult, it’s worth it!